When surgeons perform procedures on patients, they are obliged to meet a high standard of care. All procedures carry some risk and, with the best care in the world, the outcome is not always as expected – recognised complications can arise.
However, if standards are not met and errors are made, there may be a claim.
Examples of surgical errors include:
- Causing an excessive bleed during surgery and not treating it urgently
- Negligent damage to organs or nerves
- Performing the wrong kind of operation.
- Leaving medical apparatus inside the body
- Failing to follow procedures to prevent the risk of infection.
- Anaesthetic errors
- Hypoxic Brain Injuries
If you or someone you care about has suffered from surgical mistakes or errors please call our Patient Claims Team on 0333 987 4011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our experts today.