Our team at Patient Claims have experience fighting cases for compensation where individuals have suffered from amputation as a direct result of negligence.
In most cases, amputation will only ever be performed when it is wholly necessary, and as a last resort. However, in some instances a patient may find they require an amputation because of a medical professional’s negligence. This could include:
- Medical mistakes or delays in treatment resulting in amputation
- Infection errors leading to amputation
- Amputation of the wrong limb
- Amputation of too much bone/tissue
- Inappropriate amputation resulting in the need for further surgery
- Failure to diagnose lower limb ischaemia or DVT resulting in amputation
- Failure to monitor diabetes appropriately leading to amputation
Amputation is life-changing for the individual and their families. It can often lead to loss of earnings, change of careers, adaptations to the home. It can also greatly impact on mental health and wellbeing.
Our team of specialist medical negligence solicitors are experienced and knowledgeable in dealing with cases involving amputation. If you or a loved one has suffered amputation through medical negligence please call our Patient Claims Team on 0333 987 4011 or email email@example.com to speak to one of our experts today.